Friday, 2 October 2015

The first 4 days!

Hello to everybody who has browsed/commented on/accidentally clicked on to this blog in the past 4 days, the first 4 days of its existence - you know who you are, and thank you so much! :)

I have to say I'm quite surprised by the positive reactions I've been getting, which has been really terrific. I've had almost 1500 hits in 4 days, from all over the globe too, which is a lot more than I anticipated, and some great feedback from all manner of wonderful and creative people: Jac Rayner, author of Doctor Who and the Pirates ("what a wonderful, sympathetic review. Thank you very much. Made my day!"), Rob Shearman, whose efforts have their own label tag ("Wow! Thanks, Tom. I shall read, digest - and inwardly weep! Who was that strange man I used to be?"), Paul Magrs, the great mind behind The Stones of Venice ("thank you, Tom, for this lovely and attentive review; it's such a literate review"), Paul Cornell, who penned The Shadow of the Scourge ("thanks!"), Joe Lidster, who wrote Master ("aww, thank you!! What a cast!!"), Alan Barnes, specifically for Neverland ("what a lovely, thoughtful piece, Tom. Very flattered"), and even Mr Eighties Davros himself, Terry Molloy ("Tom!! Gosh - thank you! I feel a mixture of humbled and needing to widen my door frames. Davros is a real favourite of mine."). That last one in particular sent the hit count on Davros very high, so thanks Terry!


The reasonably high hit rate is probably in part due to the huge amount of content I posted in the first couple of days - my comprehensive backlog of essays, reviews, and other bits and bobs of unrelated writings just generally covering my main areas of interest. Some of this backlog is from six years ago, so legitimately comes under the category of "juvenilia" and I don't expect it to raise a lot of interest. But it's there. Needless to say, the rate of posting will slow considerably from this point on. There'll continue to be some Doctor Who/Big Finish audio reviews, along with some more pieces on TV and literature that I have in the pipeline.

I may possibly be looking at a guest contributor or two from time to time, just bringing something of their own to the table. If you think you'd be interested, let me know by commenting anywhere on the blog or tweeting me at @TomMar5hall.

Thanks again!

Tom
x

No comments:

Post a Comment